Latest posts by John O'Brien (see all)
- What “Selfies” Can Teach You About Employee Engagement. - April 17, 2014
- 8 Quick Ways to Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day - March 7, 2014
- 2014 Trends in Employee Engagement - January 13, 2014
Start the new year off right by making employee engagement a priority in your organization. Engaged employees have 18% higher productivity and 60% higher quality work than under-engaged employees (Insync Surveys). Follow these top trends for 2014 to motivate, inspire and celebrate your employees in ways that lead to extraordinary effort and positive financial results.
1. Middle Management: Middle managers hold the key to employee engagement. As the conduit between employees and senior management, middle managers have the power to create an environment that fosters employee engagement
2. Recognition Ambassadors: Riding shot-gun for middle managers, recognition ambassadors are employees who see the value of recognition and are willing to champion it among their peers. Ambassadors are most valuable in manufacturing facilities, plants or at locations where a large number of employees work.
3. Social Recognition: Many, many employees are socially connected in all aspects of their lives and crave the opportunity to share not only what’s going on in their personal lives, but also in their professional endeavors
4. Mobile Recognition: It’s important to have accessibility to recognition technology regardless of where you work. Seamless integration on all devices and operating systems is a key element for success.
5. Manager Training: See number 1! As the masters of engagement, it only makes sense to invest in recognition training for middle managers to truly achieve a culture of recognition within any organization.
This is just the start. See more trends to truly engage your employees in 2014 by downloading our article.