Dec 07, 2014
A telecommunications giant needed to reengineer its entire sales division and product line, hire and train all personnel and launch the new company within 18 months.Scroll Down
As part of its divestiture, this telecommunications giant needed to reengineer its entire sales division and product line, hire and train all personnel and launch the new company within 18 months.
There was a need to develop a new sales organization structure including changes to roles and responsibilities, the product line, compensation, technical support, the ordering process, the operating systems and sales and customer support operations.
BI WORLDWIDE created a pilot to launch the sales operations for the new company within the targeted quality expense and timeframe targets. After evaluating the pilot, the launch was then replicated in 80 offices nationwide.
• Created the quality design process used for the development of the organization, operations and systems support
• Created a pilot sales branch office and then launched, evaluated and trouble-shot operations. Subsequently assisted in implementation of remaining 80 branches nationwide
• Designed functional interface requirements for manufacturing, service and IT organizations to ensure continuity of all corporate operations
• Developed specifications for product ordering that created standard models and reduced delivery timeframe by an order of magnitude
• Created the onboarding training program for all sales organization positions and oversaw delivery by training staff.
The new company was launched on time and within budget, while meeting all established quality metrics. The project was recognized with the first Baldridge Award in the industry. - See more at: http://www.biworldwide.com/en/case-studies/sales-channel-effectiveness/sales-operations-pilot-program#sthash.7l9W9RL3.dpuf