Jan 16, 2015
Written by: John O'Brien
(View Author Bio)
Learn how workplace trends will affect your employee engagement and recognition strategy.
The world is changing. The global GDP is declining in advanced economies and increasing in emerging markets, signifying significant shifts in the global marketplace over the next ten years. By 2016, it is predicted that this gap will be even wider, with more than 52% of the GDP coming from developing economies and emerging markets.
As we look toward 2015, here are what Forbes & US News & World Reports observe as developing workplace trends:
1. Millennials Invade: Millennials (those in their 20s and early 30s) make up roughly 36% of your workforce. By 2025, that number will climb to 75%.
2. Going Global: Your workforce is now worldwide. Behaviors need to be changed to address global teams and maintain culture across all continents.
3. Talent Wars: The war for talent is real. If you don’t have a strategy in place, you are someone else’s leverage. Between 70 – 84% of employees are currently hunting.
4. Talent Development: Talent development remains key to retention. The best are investing in building and retaining their existing talent. The companies failing to do so are becoming irrelevant.
5. Focused on Wellness: Health care costs are projected to increase 6.7% to equal $11,176 per employee. Healthy employees are more productive and present but also live better lives outside of work.
6. Employees Gain Power: Loyalty as we once knew it is over. The employer will no longer define the workplace – employees’ priorities and preferences will dictate what the future workplace looks like.
Submitting your information allows us to reach out to you in the future.